Copperkids is a state licensed facility, providing care for up to 90 children, with current enrollment at 67 children ages 6 weeks to 12 years.
- We are a Quality First center in the First Things First program, which provides a star rating based on Copperkids’ quality of care, classroom functions and activities; provides high quality training for our teachers; and provides family scholarships based on our star rating. We currently have 7 active scholarships from FTF.
- We are an Empower Center, promoting healthy lifestyles, including healthy food choices and structured lesson plans including physical activities daily. We are partnering with United Way to help promote healthy living choices. We’ve also been a part of USDA’s CACFP (Child and Adult Care Food Program) since 2014.
- We are a qualifying DES Center, which also provides some scholarships for low income families.
- We are a part of NAEYC (National Association of Education of Young Children), Raising a Reader, and are promoting early Common Core in our curriculum.
- Copperkids is always involved in furthering our teachers’ education in Early Childhood Development, and currently offers 3 scholarships toward college degrees in ECE.
We have 4 classrooms and a cafeteria providing:
- Daycare Full time, Part time & Drop in care Monday – Friday 5:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Preschool 8:00 am to 12:00 pm Monday- Thursday
- Dance Classes starting every 8 weeks, ages 3 to 18 years with recitals at each session ending
Here’s a list of a few activities for our summer camp program:
- 10 week Summer Camp with weekly themes: (survivor week, game show week, water week, recycle week etc.)
- Daily take home crafts
- Reading program w/ summer reading assistance
- Movie day at the library with goodies
- Basketball camp, swim lessons etc,
- Big huge luau blowout at the end of our program.
Cheryl Collins, Owner
700 Palo Verde
PO Box 1104
Bagdad, AZ 86321